Yesterday I told you I’d start implementing tech-free hours occasionally. Well, last night I decided to use that hour to take a lovely, relaxing bath and then journal and read before bed. I had forgotten how much I love baths and feel it is something I need to bring back into my life. I went to bed feeling clean, soft, and calm. I even did a bit of meditation while surrounded by bubbles.
That reminds me. These are my must-haves for a bath:
- Quality bubbles. I bought a delicious-smelling, natural brand from my local pharmacy.
- A glass of wine. I’m a sucker for a good glass of wine.
- A good book. Mine was Jane Steele, as you may remember from my earlier post.
- A thick lotion or oil. I used both–the oil I also got from the same pharmacy, and I believe it’s a mixture of jojoba and some flower oil. It smells divine, either way.
Although, I will say that I was so enjoying the peace and quiet that I didn’t even crack the cover of my book. But I like to have one handy. The wine and bubbles set the mood for me. And I love sealing the moisture in with a quality lotion and/or oil.
So everyone knows baths are luxurious and relaxing, but I mentioned in another post that a walk followed by a bath is great for a restful nights sleep. Baths also…
- Are great for muscle pains and aches.
- Can alleviate sunburn symptoms; you can add a cup of apple cider vinegar to your bath to soothe your skin.
- Can relieve cold symptoms like a stuffy nose.
- May have similar benefits to exercising.
Plus, it just feels so damn good. So I’m going to try to take one at least once a week (after I or my husband scrub the tub). I know some people are staunchly against baths, but I feel like a lot of that stems from feeling like they’re bathing in their own dirt. Which is why I clean it beforehand and take a shower first. Overkill? Maybe.